- Outside couples promenade 1/4 and face in while insides do [anything] concentric
- (example) model: a representative form or pattern; “I profited from his example”
- A printed or written problem or exercise designed to illustrate a rule
- A person or thing regarded in terms of their fitness to be imitated or the likelihood of their being imitated
- (example) exemplar: something to be imitated; “an exemplar of success”; “a model of clarity”; “he is the very model of a modern major general”
- A thing characteristic of its kind or illustrating a general rule
- (example) an item of information that is typical of a class or group; “this patient provides a typical example of the syndrome”; “there is an example on page 10″
- a shaft on which a wheel rotates
- A rod or spindle (either fixed or rotating) passing through the center of a wheel or group of wheels
- An axle is a central shaft for a rotating wheel or gear. In some cases the axle may be fixed in position with a bearing or bushing sitting inside the hole in the wheel or gear to allow the wheel or gear to rotate around the axle.
wheel and axle examples – Put Wheels
As part of the Searchlight Books(tm) collection, this series sheds light on a key science question–How Do Simple Machines Work? Hands-on experiments, interesting photos, and useful diagrams will help you find the answer!
Man in Wing Suit, Dunsfold
IMG 8751, Great Seattle Wheel and Space Needle, Seattle, WA
wheel and axle examples